The road to the 2022 USL Championship Final will go through San Antonio FC's Toyota Field as the No. 1 overall seed this postseason. | Photo courtesy Darren Abate / San Antonio FC
The road to the 2022 USL Championship Final will go through San Antonio FC’s Toyota Field.
If the team with the best regular season record falls prior to the last game of the campaign on Sunday, November 13 at 9 p.m. ET (ESPN2 / ESPN Deportes / SiriusXM FC), then who’s up next?
Odds are, we’ll be heading to an Eastern Conference venue for an eighth consecutive season.
Eastern Conference No. 1 seed Louisville City FC – which has hosted three prior Championship Finals in its history – sits second in the hosting priority order, which is determined by regular season points. The two-time title winner is followed by Memphis 901 FC (68pts) and the Tampa Bay Rowdies (67pts) before we see Western Conference No. 2-seed San Diego Loyal SC (60pts) take its place in the queue.
Here’s a full list of which clubs have priority for hosting the Championship Final at the conclusion of the 2022 USL Championship Playoffs, presented by Hisense.
1. San Antonio FC – 77pts
2. Louisville City FC – 72pts
3. Memphis 901 FC – 68pts
4. Tampa Bay Rowdies – 67pts
5. San Diego Loyal SC – 60pts
6. Birmingham Legion FC – 58pts
7. Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC – 57pts
8. Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC – 55pts*
9. Miami FC – 55pts
10. Detroit City FC – 54pts
11. Sacramento Republic FC – 53pts
12. New Mexico United – 51pts
13. Rio Grande Valley FC – 49pts
14. Oakland Roots SC – 46pts
* - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC holds the head-to-head tiebreaker over Miami FC after winning 2-1 in their interconference meeting